Forum > General Discussion

Lost and Hopefully Found

(1/1)

Al Gibson:
Hi guys, my name is Al Gibson. I’m currently not a club member but do on occasion use the flyers field. On Fathers Day I went over to the field with my GWS Slow Stick. Long story short, it wound up in the trees along the backside of the field. I figured at some point the wind would bring it down but not while I was there unfortunately. I live close to the field so I stopped by Monday morning, still in the tree. Ugh. Went back over Monday evening and it was no longer in the trees but was no where to be found anywhere. I don’t believe it was windy enough to blow it off the field site and I was wondering if anyone may have seen it and picked it up. Red foam wing and tail. Thanks in advance guys.

Gary Whitlark:
Al and I have made contact and I have his airplane. The upcoming meeting I will have it in the car. It is currently in the car and I will be checking to see if the battery will take a charge. Alexander plans on making the next meeting his first meeting. The airplane took a nose dive on the way down and broke the motor mount. No parts were found at the impact. So I am not sure where in the process the motor mount broke.

Bruce D.:
Thanks Gary!  @Al, I look forward to meeting you at our next meeting.  It will be at 7:00 at the flying field.  Tuesday, July 5th.
Bruce

Gary Whitlark:
Al has his airplane.  The battery charger refused to charge in Lipo and Lead Acid battery cycles for all pile sizes.   I fixed it by back-feeding from a charged lipo of the same size.  I used the multi-charge "octopus" type connector. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version