+-Main Menu

Linked Events

• Work Day: July 17, 2022

Author Topic: Work Day  (Read 731 times)

Offline Eric Stoddart

• Event Chairman / Web Admin
  • Administrator
  • Because I was inverted
Work Day
« on: July 07, 2022, 06:38:42 PM »
Repainting and fixing the benches at the field. We will start at 9am if weather is bad we will move the date.

Offline Gary Whitlark

• Club Member
Re: Work Day
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 08:45:27 AM »
Can we drill holes in the flight benches all the way across?   And cut the wheel leg front edge that catches when lifted onto the wheels?

Offline Bruce D.

• Club Vice President
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 11:21:44 AM »
I think we should defer to Floyd, as he will make sure this is done to craftsman levels. 
@Floyd - Please consider Gary's request.  Makes sense. 
Brucr
810 923 5191
Bruce

Offline Michael Cuddington

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »
Today, I went and got some new nuts and bolts as well as an angle bracket to repair the one picnic table top mount bracket which had rusted/broken.   I replaced all missing bolts and nuts and replaced some broken bolts and nuts as well.   I have one table that I still need to replaces the seat bolts as they were to rusted to tighten or loosen due to spinning in the wood.   I will take care of that table tomorrow.  The tables stability has really improved.

Offline Bruce D.

• Club Vice President
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 12:23:12 PM »
Thanks Mike!
Bruce

Offline Michael Cuddington

• Club Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 11:10:53 PM »
Gary, me, Gene, Eric, Floyd & Jim? were able to attend the work day this afternoon/evening.  Got the last picnic table shored up.  Gary sawzall'd the loose/spinning but rusted seat bolts off and I replaced the mounting hardware with new nuts/bolts and lock washers.  Tables were scraped one last time, primed and repainted.  They look sharp!   I also did some much needed weed wacking on some but not all the fence lines and around the picnic shelter.     I will probably replace some additional nuts/bolts on the tables as I am putting washers under the carriage bolts as they were starting to pull thru the wood surface and I will be adding locking washers under all nuts to reduce the possibility of the nuts from loosening up and falling off.

Training Night

Training Night

In 2024 Training Night will return

Thursdays @ 6:00pm

Our first Training Night will be:

May 2 2024

Join us and learn how to fly!

Every Thursday (weather dependent)

For more information or to reach a trainer please

email training@hamburgflyers.org